Sunday, January 17, 2010

Kristy: Photo Editing without Photoshop

I recently discovered the website http://www.picnik.com/.

I absolutely love this site. You can use many of the features for free, and you can preview the features that only premium members can use. I went ahead and paid the $25 for the year’s membership. It was money well spent.

In addition to simple editing like fixing exposure, cropping, resizing, or removing red eye, Picnik allows users to easily remove blemishes, shine, whiten teeth, add fun text, add frames, or do special effects and collages.

It will allow you to save the edited image to your computer, Facebook, Flickr, MySpace, or other websites. You can even make slideshows.

Listed below are some of my Picniked images.

This is a photo of my niece, Lilyana:

Lilyana Mae Dassinger
I did no retouching to the image itself. I just added a frame and text.

This is a photo of me with my nieces Aubree and Kayna:

Aunt Kristy with nieces Kayna (left) and Aubree (right)
This photo had exposure issues, and we added a frame. It was cold in Colorado.

This is a before and after photo:

Kristy McCoy:  Before & After editing image with Picnik I used Picnik to airbrush, add highlights, make me thinner, whiten my teeth, change my eye color, and remove shine. Then I used the before and after frame available in the application.

Cool stuff. Of course, I just gave away my secret...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate you!
To limit spam, I've enabled moderation on posts older than a week. Please be patient with me!