Sunday, February 14, 2010

Kristy: Stixy - online creation collaboration

I recently discovered Stixy.com whenever looking up information on Wallwisher.com. I’ve used Wallwisher in the past to create a webpage where students (or people invited to your URL) can add their own posts to a webpage you started. I used this in Webmastering for students to claim the person they wanted to do their Black History Month project on, and we used it with our TLC Club to try to come up with a name for our teacher crafting group.

But I got frustrated by the limited functionality of Wallwisher, as you couldn’t really do more than post text up on the wall and many of the entries would overlap.

Stixy is like Wallwisher, but it has more options. You can create webpages for a variety of reasons. You can add appointments, documents, photos, or sticky notes to the page. You can customize color, font, font size, and font color, and you can move the posts around. The originating publisher can also choose whether or not to allow others to add to the page and what permissions to grant visitors.

Here is a Stixy page I created:


Kristy created Snowy Days Stixy Page Simple and practical.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Kristy..
    How did you do your background and your name graphic...Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used Photoshop to make the name image with a fun font that I found at http://kevinandamanda.com/fonts/fontsforpeas/.

    The background was one of the blogger background templates from http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/.

    My husband made the custom graphic at the top using Photoshop. I came up with the saying.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate you!
To limit spam, I've enabled moderation on posts older than a week. Please be patient with me!